Friday, April 22, 2011

Fun and Easy Basket Project for Kids!

This is a really fun and easy project you can do with your kids or a whole class.
kids really like to make things they they can be creative with and give as gifts!

Supplies:
12x12 card stock
Glue sticks
Grass (for inside baskets)
Markers
Easter Egg Treat Bags SVG Kit. By: SVG cuts.com

This will make a basket 6.5" H (including handle) x 5 1/4" in length x 2.5" wide. Great size for putting in a little grass, a plastic egg and a peep. Or whatever your favorite things are.

Decide your colors
Cut the basket shapes
Cut designs for them to glue on
(Do all of your cutting ahead of time, so you are ready to go)

I cut 2 basket shapes for each girl. One pink that they could basically copy the model I brought in and one out of plain white card stock that they could really be creative with.

I worked with about 15 girls all about 7 or 8 yrs. old, on these cute egg baskets the other day. They were all able to put them together themselves after I showed them the steps.

They loved using markers to give them a unique look.

They made some beautiful baskets and had a great time doing it.

I hope you will give this project a try. Show me some of yours on my facebook page! :)

2 comments: