Monday, November 18, 2019

Atelier Inks water colour backgrounds with Erica

Hi guys!

Today I have three cards to share with you. All of these are made with the re-inkers of the Atelier Inks, and I have used them as water colours, to create rainbow backgrounds.

These cards are a slightly different size, they are 6.5”x3.5”, so slimmer and longer than my usual card size. I thought this size might work better for the look I was after and I do like how they turned out!

The re-inkers I used are Peacock Blue, Goddess Green, Bee Sting Yellow, Marigold Orange and Marilyn Red. I used a palette tray and dropped a bit of each colour into a separate space to keep them from getting contaminated. After taping down each panel, I used a big paint brush and clean water to prep it. Once wet, I swished some colour into the wetness on the panel. Each colour had their own paintbrush for this too, again to avoid colour contamination.














Each panel was done slightly differently, and the one I thought I would like the least, is the one I ended up loving them most. Isn’t that funny? When I was doing it, I was thinking to myself ‘oh well, at least I’m having fun but this is not going to turn out very good’. Little did I know!

When the panels were all dry, I decided to use the ‘Thanks’ word diecut from the Pumpkin Patch coordinating diecut set. However, I wanted each card to be just a little bit different. On one panel I used the diecut directly, then added some height to these by layering two more cut of out white card stock.





















As a final flourish I added Liquid Pixie Dust to the letters for sparkle.




















Another one had grey and gold ‘Thanks’ cut out and layered up, slightly off-centre.




















These were adhered to the card to make it relatively flat. The grey behind the gold highlights it beautifully, without the harshness black would have added. I tried, and it didn’t look quite right.




















On the last one I used the diecut on five coloured pieces of card stock, similar to the ones on the panel, and layered these up. The effect is a rainbow when you look closely.




















To make these stand out a bit more I added a final layer of black ‘Thanks’ on top.




















I also have a video up on my YouTube channel showing the process if you want to see the whole thing in action.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed this post (and video if you watch that) If you are wondering whether to get these inks or not, I’m in the Yes camp for sure. I adore the colours and as you can see, the re-inkers works beautifully as water colours amongst other things!

Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica







1 comment: