Friday, October 6, 2017

Mariner Mermaid Card by Ilda

Hello friends, Ilda here again taking over Fleurette's Blog!

So have you ever seen a sexier mermaid stamp?! I sure haven't... Wowzers 😜

This beauty comes from Ink On 3's latest release! For this card, I didn't want to stamp the mermaid in black ink and I really didn't want to do a no line watercoloring. So I thought I would experiment by stamping the image out using frayed burlap oxide ink and I love the results. The stamped line once it came in contact with the watercolors oxidized and lightened the lines giving it a semi no line watercolor look. 


To color the mermaid in, I used my Tombow Dual brush markers. Once she was dry I then fussy cut the entire image out. This is a fairly large stamp so it wasn't as difficult as it looks but I did need the help of my retractable PenBlade.


To create the background I wet the paper and then lightly touched the wet areas with Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers. These colors are so vibrant a little goes a long way. Just before the area dried I then used my distress spray bottle to splash and spread the ink around. I repeated that a few times with different colors, using by heat tool to help speed up the drying process. Once the entire background was done and dry I sprayed the background again this time picking up the droplets with paper towel.

To finish the card I then attached some jewelry chain to the anchor and used a metal wire to secure it to the top of the card panel, bending and taping the wire to the back to secure it in place. I then attached it to the A2 sized cardbase. I did not glue the mermaid down as I wanted her to swing freely on the front of the card. (see previous image)

Here is a closer look at the details 😍


Hope you were inspired by this Mariner Mermaid Card today.
Don't forget you can pick up the latest release that is on SALE now, plus you also get FREE shipping  for a limited time!


Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment