Sunday, June 10, 2018

Hollyhock Thank You

Hi my crafty friends, Cheryl here, for InkOn3.

Yippee!!! It's time for a new release from InkOn3. And it's a beautiful one, at that! 
Who doesn't love a great floral stamp? And who doesn't love hollyhocks? So, here you go!



Isn't that so pretty? And how great to have coordinating dies!!! And so many beautiful sentiments and a very pretty font. I love this set! So let me show you my first card I made using it.


I started off by picking this beautiful background I made using alcohol inks on Yupo paper. Before it was totally dry, you have these "sticky" areas. Take your foil and press it on, rubbing firmly. When you pull it off, some stays stuck and you get these bits of shiny foil left behind. It's so fun to do!

I took the hollyhock stamp and inked it up with Juicy ink and embossed with golf embossing powder. I left it just like that! Well, I brushed it all over with my Wink of Stella glitter brush marker. I think by leaving it uncolored, it works perfectly with the colorful background. 


I then took the Thank You die and cut it from gold foil cardstock and a piece of white fun foam. I cut a second one from a scrap of Yupo paper to get the green butterfly. I carefully trimmed it out and glued it in place over the gold foil one. I adhered it to another scrap of Yupo done in that pretty aqua green color. 

To assemble the card, I added the hollyhock using foam tape. I added foam tape just to the sides of the aqua strip and used liquid glue where it would go over the hollyhock. I then pulled out some clear  acrylic bubbles and scattered a few around. I love how they look like water droplets. I added the entire panel to the front of an A2 card base of heavy weight cardstock. 

And that's it. I think it came out so nice and I love the colors! I love the simplicity of the gold embossed hollyhock. It just works for this card. 

Here's where you can find the things I used.

Hollyhock Stamp Set 
Hollyhock Dies

So, be sure to watch all week for some amazing sneak peaks from the design team. And the release goes live next week! Get out your crafty "toys" and have fun playing!








No comments:

Post a Comment