Monday, September 3, 2012

Let Them Blossom - Mixed Media On Canvas

The other day I did a tutorial on creating pretty little faces, so I thought I would share with you the piece I created using a few that I made.

It is titled "Let Them Blossom"  It's about watching and guiding our children as they grow.  You may have noticed my name is Fleurette F. Bloom well, the F in the middle stands for Flower.  Yes my parents were hippies and artists.

When I was a little girl my Father would always tell me, that I was their little flower and it was their job to help me grow.  He would say "a flower needs water, sunshine, tender loving care and protection, just like a child.  If you give them all those things then they will blossom into what they are meant to be."  So, this piece is a tribute to that sweet story my Dad would always tell me. (Thanks for being such a great Dad) :)

I added the time pieces in upper left hand corner to show, as time passes with the sun, so do the children grow.

I hope you enjoy this piece and that it inspires you to create something unique to you! :)


Click on photo to enlarge 

The captions in the piece are:

Plant the seeds
Nourish them
Protect them
Let them bloom
Watch them blossom

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, that is a touching story, and yes, you do have a beautiful name. Your father did well - he did an awesome job of helping this flower bloom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you Thienly!!! Love how you put my name in your comment too :). You are so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story and art piece to compliment it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Your parents/Dad sound so sweet!!! I just love this project!!!

    ReplyDelete