Monday, January 18, 2016

Gold Sun Pack - Celebration Blog Hop with Got Joy Creations!


Hey everyone.  Welcome to the Got Joy Creations blog hop.  Dana has some very exciting news to share.  Dana started her Youtube channel a little over a year ago and she has reached 1,000 followers.   We are so happy to be able to celebrate with her.  Along the hop today, you will see some amazing projects all featuring a touch of gold.  It could be ribbon, glitter, embossing powder or even sequin.  So let's get hopping.

And what's a hop without prizes?  Dana is spreading the JOY with her followers. You have until midnight EST January 22 to leave some love for everyone. Here's what's up for grabs.

(1) stamp set of YOUR choice from Fleurette Bloom
(1) stamp set of YOUR choice from Mint Owl Studio
(1) Mystery box full of crafty goodness courtesy of Dana
 Want to WIN one of these awesome prizes?  Just follow the instructions below:
* Subscribe to my Youtube channel 
* Subscribe to Dana's blog Got Joy Creations
* Leave a comment on each blog sharing your favorite gold product to craft with

Hi all Fleurette here, thanks for hopping in :).  I was so honored when Dana asked me to be a part of this hop, she is such a beautiful joyous person, plus she is an amazing crafter!!!  I know you will love her just as much as I do <3

When I think of Dana I think of sunshine, so I create this fun hanging wood plack that sums it up. lol 
All the details on how I created it are below the photo.  Plus, I will be doing a live Periscope tutorial on this cutie on my Periscope Channel https://www.periscope.tv/FBStamps.  If you miss the live broadcast, you can always check the replays of all my shows @ https://katch.me/Fleurettebloom.


I found these adorable chalkboard placks at Hobby Lobby and they come in a variety of sizes and shapes.   They are easy to use and make great gifts.  

Crafty Project Ingredients: 

  • Clear Photo Polymer Stamp Sets: "Sun Moon & Stars"  - Sun and sentiment
  •                                                        "Up, Up And Away" - Clouds and birds
  • Embossing Ink - Brutus Monroe  (love his inks, my favorite) 
  • Gold Embossing Powder - Brutus Monroe "Gilded" 
  • Emboss It Pen - Ranger - I found mine on Amazon, but you can also get them at your local craft store.  
  • Chalkboard Plack and wood text bubble - Check your local craft store. 
  • Hot Glue and Glue Gun
  • Anti Static Tool - I bought mine on Amazon, or you can check your local craft store.  Dryer sheets will also work in a pinch. 
How to: 
  1. Dust your plack and text bubble with your anti-static tool.  This helps to keep your embossing powder to stick only to the embossing ink. 
  2. Ink up your stamp with your clear embossing powder and stamp as desired on wood pieces.
  3. Emboss the outside of your text bubble using your embossing pen. (I did half at a time, so I did not knock off powder when I held it to heat with my heat gun). 
  4. Dust all pieces with your embossing powder and heat with your heat gun.
  5. Hot glue your sentiment bubble to one corner and voila you have a great gift to give to a friend or hang in your home :)  
Thanks for joining me here today. I hope you enjoyed this project and will think about giving it a try! Have a wonderful day and enjoy the rest of this fun hop with all the other talented ladies :)  

Stamp Sets Used in this project: 

Sun Moon & Stars                                                     Up, Up & Away


No comments:

Post a Comment