Thursday, April 11, 2019

Guest Designer: Emily Midgett

Hi there! Emily Midgett here with you today, and I'm so excited to be a guest for Ink On 3 helping to promote their newest release- Heels to You! This darling new stamp set is so feminine, perfect for upcoming Mother's Day cards! I've created a pretty pink card for you today, so let's get started with the details! 


I began by stamping the large shoe image from Heels to You using Ink on 3's Fadeout Ink on some watercolor paper, then used my Daniel Smith watercolors to do some no-line watercoloring in shades of pink and maroon. After it was completely dry, I die cut the shoe with it's coordinating die


On the card base, I stamped the individual flowers from Heels to You and foliage using some medium pink ink, then added some light blending with the same shade of pink ink. I die cut the "beautiful" from the coordinating dies for Heels to You three times from some plum colored card stock, then adhered them together to create a dimensional die cut. I also heat embossed the rest of the greeting from Heels to You on the same card stock and trimmed it down to strips. 


To really make the shoe pop, I added some of the Pixie Dust Liquid Watercolor to the shoe before adhering it to the blended card front with foam tape. I added the greeting using foam and liquid adhesive, then added some gems for even more sparkle! 

Well, that's all for my project today! I hope you've enjoyed my project using this beautiful new stamp set from Ink On 3! I am so grateful to have been asked to guest to celebrate this new release. Thanks so much for stopping by today! 


1 comment: