Thursday, February 25, 2021

Atelier Inks Water coloring and Embossing with Open Stamps

 Hello everyone it's Cheryl with the Inkon 3 Creative Team! I'm by no means good at water coloring, but I love how water coloring has an organic quality that most other coloring mediums don't have. In addition to being awesome inks to use for stamping Atelier Inks are wonderful to use as water coloring.

Today I'm going to share with you this easy and fun card using embossing and water coloring!


First I used Juicy Clear Embossing Ink & Watermark ink to ink up an open stamp, I stamped the image onto water color paper. Then I sprinkled some Arctic White Ultra-Fine Embossing Powder, next I tapped off the excess powder and then heat set.

You can pick your choices of colors, but be cautious to not pick colors that when mixed together would turn into brown. Unless you love brown, then go for it! I picked My Jam Purple, Peacock Blue, and Trinity Teal. In a painting palette I squeezed a few drops of inks from the Atelier Inks watercolor/re-inkers and dilute it a little bit with water. 

Using a large watercolor brush, lightly moisten the brush with water, and then brush the entire front of the card. Then dip a medium tip watercolor paint brush into your choice of color and drop or brush color at random over the card surface. Because the paper is wet you'll see the color spread! Continue with different colors and different areas of the paper. You can use the large brush and add more water if needed, or use your medium tip brush to pull the color a bit more. Let air dry, or if you're in a hurry, use a heat gun to dry.

Trim the water color paper to whatever your card base size is and adhere to the card base, and that's it!


No comments:

Post a Comment