Thursday, July 19, 2018

You Are Fabulous

Hi my crafty friends! It's Cheryl, here, with another project using the newest release from InkOn3.
And it's such a beautiful image and very fun to color!
Here's my project.


I used a die from my stash that creates a rosette. I love rosettes! Anyway, I die cut it from kraft cardstock, Neenah Dessert Storm. You need to cut two. I folded on the score lines and adhered the ends together. It's best to use hot glue for this as it needs to be a really strong bond. Here is a video of how to assemble. 
I stamped out the dogwood image using Juicy embossing ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I then die cut the image using the coordinating die and colored with my Mermaid Markers from Jane Davenport. I then stamped out the sentiment onto a banner strip using Juicy and embossed in white.


I mounted the image onto the rosette with foam tape. I then positioned my sentiment near the bottom but not to hide too much of the image. I also used foam tape for this. 
I scattered about some sequins in metallic green and pink. I used liquid glue and held in place a few seconds, as I glued them to the mountain folds of the rosette and I didn't want them tipping. 
I threaded a bit of twine through the holes at the top. I then took the entire element and glued it to a circle die cut in pink that's a bit bigger than the rosette. It really draws in the pink of the dogwood blooms. As a final bit of bling, I pulled out some chunky glitter I've had for ages!!! I dabbed on tiny dots of my liquid glue to the centers and dropped on tiny bits of the glitter. It really adds such great texture and a bit more sparkle. Not being able to stop  myself, lol, I brushed a bit of Nuvo glitter brush over just the petals of the flowers. There, I'm finished with this, for real...lol.

Here's where you can get what I used.

Dogwood Stamp
Dogwood Die Set


No comments:

Post a Comment