Monday, August 27, 2018

Mermaid Cat Stamp Set, Card - Watercolor Embossing Techniques

Watercolor and Embossing Techniques, using the stamp set "My Little Catfish"


I had so much fun making this card as it is one of my favorite stamp sets. It always brings back sweet childhood memories for me.  When I was a little girl about 8 years old, I got my first pet cat and I named her Catfish.  Why Catfish?  Well, I had a big love for all creatures of the sea and lakes I guess, lol.  She turned out to be my very best friend growing up and I had her all the way though college.  So every time I use this set, a little piece of her comes back to life.   I hope you will get as much joy out of creating with this little mercat set as I do, after all who doesn't like mermaids and their pets of course. 

Here is quick video showing the watercolor and embossing techniques I used to create this card. 
Thanks for watching <3 


How I created this card:

  • First I used the seahorses and sea shells and Chrome Ultra-Fine Embossing Powders to create a fun background.  Then ink blended the blue over the top to give it that deep blue sea feel.
  • Then I die cut a stitched circle, inked it up with some Juicy Embossing Ink, and poured on the Chrome embossing powder.  The combination of this ink and ultra fine powder is amazing, it is such a smooth, shiny finish.  It truly looks like metal! :) 
  • For the Mercat or "Catfish" lol, I embossed it in the Arctic White Ultra-Fine Embossing powder then used watercolors to color it in. To add some deeper tones I accented it with some colored pencils. 
Happy Crafting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment