Monday, December 23, 2019

Atelier Ink Magical Unicorn card with Erica


Hi guys!

Erica here on the InkOn3 blog with another Magical Unicorn card. I can't help it, I love that stamp! To check out my no-line colouring card, click HERE. There is also a YouTube video for that card HERE.

For this card I have created a very colourful background by ink blending all the Atelier Inks, except Paint It Black and Twiggy Brown. I used a stencil and the Life Changing Blender Brushes from Picket Fence Studios. The stencil is called Basket Weave.








I started out by adhering the stencil to a panel of Bristol Vellum paper. It was still a little bit tacky from the Pixie Spray I had used during another crafting session, but I secured it with some purple tape at the top and bottom just to be on the safe side. Then I blended the colours in a rainbow look, from bottom to top it's Bee Sting Yellow, Marigold Orange, Marilyn Red, My Purple Jam, Peacock Blue and Goddness Green. I added the Goddess Green over the blue thinking it would go turquoise but it went a dark teal instead. Because I wanted some green on the panel as well, I added a little bit of Goddess Green to the bottom of the yellow.



I trimmed this panel down to 5"x4.25" and this was adhered to a white card base. The reason I trimmed it shorter than the height of the card base was to give it a while border at the top and the bottom.

The Magical Unicorn I heat embossed by stamping up the image with Juicy Ink and sprinkling Chrome Embossing powder on it. Once set, it was ready to be coloured. I did some loose water colouring using the Atelier ink re-inkers and lots of water. To add sparkle I used a little bit of Paint It Black re-inker and Liquid Pixie Dust to colour in the actual head of the unicorn.

On a piece of white card stock I stamped up the sentiment 'Hugs, Kisses and Unicorn Wishes' with Blackout detail ink. This was trimmed down to a slim strip and adhered to the card with liquid adhesive. As was the unicorn itself once it was cut out using the coordinating diecut.



I wanted to add some sequins to it as well but managed to rein myself in, as it already has a lot going on. Look at that, I am making progress with my sequin addiction!! LOL!

That's it from me for today blog-wise but if you want to watch the whole card making shenanigan routine I call crafting, hop on over to YouTube for a video.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you found some inspiration here with me today.

Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica



No comments:

Post a Comment