Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Bright Magical Unicorn No-Line colouring with Erica


Hi everyone! *waves excitedly*

Erica here with my first blog post on the Inkon3 blog as part of the design team! I’m so, so excited about working for this fab company. I’ve been such a fan of Fleurette’s magical Fadeout No Line Coloring ink since I first got my hands on it and to be asked to join the Inkon3 DT was a dream come true.


Right, I’m going to dive right in with the details of my card for today’s post! I’ve used the Magical Unicorn stamp set, paired with Fadeout ink and Zig Clean Color markers to create a bright and sparkly unicorn.


To start with, I stamped up the image with the help of my Mini MISTI. I use the MISTI whenever I stamp anything, just in case I feel it needs another stamp or two. To make sure I could really see the outlines of this stamp, I stamped it three times with the Fadeout ink.

Then it was colouring time! As I wanted a bright and vivid look, I added hardly any water to the Zig’s. Especially on the mane-bit. I did have to use some on the ears and the face and body, but that’s one of the brilliant things of the Zigs. You can get so many different looks just by adding water or just blending them without any water at all.


As the mane is so bright and colourful, I decided to keep the flowers all white and only add Liquid Pixie Dust to them. This is some serious sparkly stuff! If you are looking for something that will add sparkled to your projects, don’t look any further!

I used the dropper to get a couple of drops out, I use a tile as a palette as it’s easy to clean off, and then used the medium water colour brush to fill in the flowers. Once throughly covered I set this aside to dry to overnight to avoid any colours or Pixie Dust to get where it’s not supposed to. I’m over-cautious after having had one too many projects ruined by smudging ink, colour or something else because it wasn’t fully dry.


Coming back to the card the next day, I settled on a sentiment and heat embossed that with Chrome Ultra Fine embossing powder. Before I did anything embossing wise, I used my anti-static tool all over the image, except over the Pixie Dust flowers. I figured if a few stray silver bits went on them it would only make them more sparkly.

With the help of my Mini MISTI again, I stamped up the sentiment ‘Hugs, Kisses and Unicorn Wishes’ with Embossing ink and then sprinkled the embossing powder over it. A quick swish with the heat gun and a card base later, the card was done!


I have a video of the colouring coming to my YouTube channel soon, so keep your eyes peeled if you want to see how I coloured the Magical Unicorn.

That’s it from me this time. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have found some inspiration here today! See you soon again!

Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica







Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment