Saturday, September 11, 2021

Masked Ink Blending

Hi, it's Lynnea! Even simple masking gives your stencils new life! I masked off the edges of the InkOn3 Wonky Lines Stencil for a more focused background. 









Stencils are my favorite crafty tools and I love giving them new life. I'm a simple crafter, so I try to bring simplicity a bit of flare in my craft room! I used Purple Tape and masked off 3/4" on each side of an A2 piece of cardstock. I sprayed the back of the Wonky Lines Stencil with Pixie Spray so that the detailed lines wouldn't shift while I blended with Atelier Inks. Can you believe I only used two colors of ink on the background?! I started with a few blobs of Bee Sting Yellow and then finished off with Peacock Blue. I made sure that the inks overlapped to create varying shades of yellow, green, and blue. 






I removed the stencil, but left the masking tape in place and spattered on some black watercolor for extra texture. Then I removed the tape and set the background aside to dry. I stamped out all three dragons and some flames from the Magical Dragons Stamp Set with Blackout Hybrid Detail Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. I used the coordinating Magical Dragons Die Set to cut them out. 






I popped up the dragons and a sentiment onto my background with foam tape and then covered the dragons with Liquid Pixie Dust for some magical shimmer! Thanks so much for joining me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment