Sunday, October 7, 2018

Ink On 3 Merry Christmas

Welcome to the blog today. I have a Christmas card to share using a past stamp release. 
Hope you like it!


I picked out the Merry Christmas sentiment stamp. Since it was all connected in length and I wanted it shorter, I cut it in half. Yes, you can do this, lol. Just put it back together next time you want it long again. No biggie!
Anyway, I used the GinaK wreath builder template to stamp out a wreath shape using this sentiment. I chose some Altenew inks and since they come in four shades, it worked perfect to get the ombre feel. 
I then chose a few more images to "fill in" around the words. I stamped the notes in a gold ink, Delicata brand, I believe. 


I also grabbed the star image and stamped it in a nice holiday red ink. 

To create the center piece, I stamped out the bow and bells with Juicy Embossing Ink and heat embossed using the Black As Night embossing powder. I then used the same red ink and the same Delicata gold ink, and my Wink of Stella glitter brush pen and colored in the image. I love doing this because you get the amazing sparkle and it is SO pretty!!! And it really made the bells appear metallic. 

I  grabbed a circle image from my stamp stash to kind of frame the image. I used the Blackout Hybrid Detail Ink for this. I then cut it with a circle die. I layered it onto a scalloped circle that I colored using the darkest ink pad, direct to the paper. Easy way to make your own colored paper, perfect match. 

Before adding the center point piece, I used a square, stitched die from my stash and cut the panel down and added it to a 4.25 square card base. 

I popped that up to the center of the panel using foam tape. 

To finish it off, I grabbed some sparkling black crystals from Honey Bee Stamps, and spread them all around the piece for that holiday sparkle! You get bits of gold, green, teal, and black. They are SO pretty. 

And that's it. Hope you like my project today and will come up with your own design. 
Here's your shopping list.


There you go....happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment