Thursday, October 4, 2018

Thinking Of You Card | Coloring With Distress Oxide Inks by Ilda

Hey everybody, Ilda here with you today from I Love Doing All things crafty 👋

Today I’m sharing a water coloured card using distress oxide inks, and featuring some of the older stamps sets from Ink On 3. I hadn't water colored for a while and I was missing it, happy I did because I am super happy with the bright and colorful results I got!

Thinking Of You Card | Coloring With Distress Oxide Inks by Ilda

To create this card I did some ink smooshing onto the card panel using three different distress oxide inks to create the rainbow like background. Once the panel was completely dry I stamped out the images using Juicy Ink and then heat set it with  Arctic White embossing powder. Next, I took the same colors that I smooshed onto my surface and used them to color in the details of the vase from the Posies Set and the flowers from the Roses in Bloom set by adding multiple layers of oxide pigment. I then flicked some splatters of paint for some added splashes of color onto the panel and then die cut it using a stitched scallop rectangle die. For the sentiments I used the Hello stand alone die from the Dogwood Flower set and die cut 3 pieces and stacked them together. I then added Juicy Ink to the top of the Hello and added a coat of Crystal Clear Powder to emboss it. Next, I stamped out the thinking of you sentiment from the Posies stamp set using Salty Ocean distress ink and again used the Crystal Clear powder to heat set the ink. Finished off the card by adding some sparkling sequins.

(Distress Oxides Used: Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemon)

Thinking Of You Card | Coloring With Distress Oxide Inks by Ilda

Hope this very loosely colored water colored card has inspired you today!

Thanks for stopping by 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment