Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Hello, Judy Woodland here, and it's my great good pleasure to be your guest designer for our Ink On 3 Blog today.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I just like to color. One of my favorite Ink On 3 stamp sets is the Hollyhock Set, because it's so conducive to doing just that.

Here is my card:

For this card I began by stamping the image with Ink On 3 Blackout Hybrid Detail Ink onto watercolor paper. I love this ink for it's intense black color, and it is compatible with both alcohol and water based materials. Then I got out my water colors and spent some time in the zone just coloring those beautiful flowers. When I was happy with it, I cut the image out with the companion die. As a final touch I added some Liquid Pixie Dust to the centers of the flowers.

I cut a panel of white card stock and dry embossed it with a quilted embossing folder.

Then I cut the Thank You greeting from the Hollyhock companion die set. I also stamped the "my friend" greeting with Ink On 3 Juicy Clear Watermark & Embossing Ink onto black card stock, and heat embossed it with Ink On 3 Arctic White Ultra Fine Embossing Powder.


Finally, I put it all together. I want to point out that, while the Hollyhock image was meant to be used vertically, it works fine to use it horizontally as well. It's kind of fun to think outside the box, and you never know what new thing you will come up with.


I hope you have gotten some inspiration from my card. Consider coloring an image with your favorite medium and making a simple card, it's so satisfying and great fun. Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time, here's celebrating your creative muse.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Card, your coloring is beautiful Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful love all the colors you used!!! Thank you so much for guest designing with us!!! xoxo<3 ~ Fleurette

    ReplyDelete