Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Poinsettia: Non-Christmas Card

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today to share a card I created using Inkon3’s Poinsettia stamp set. Yes, I know what you're thinking … Christmas cards already? Nope! I actually decided to use this set in a non-Christmas way by just using a non-holiday sentiment. I even used Christmasy colors. Sneaky!

I pulled out this set and was actually all set out to do a Christmas card but changed my mind last minute. I stamped all the images using Blackout ink and masked them to create a cluster of the poinsettia. I love that in this set there are three different sizes. Whenever I do clusters of floral images, I prefer different sizes so it looks more natural.



Once I colored my images, I knew that the top left hand would look really empty so I grabbed one of my red distress inks and softly blended the color concentrating on the corner. To finish off the background panel, I pulled out some metallic watercolors and splattered a combination of red and gold paint.

For my sentiment, I built it using a couple sentiments from the Hollyhocks stamp set. I stamped them using Juicy ink on black cardstock and used Gold Rush embossing powder for heat embossing.


One last touch I added was some black gems around the sentiments and floral cluster. I kept it limited to maintain the clean and simple look.

I’ve had this set for awhile now and it’s about time I use it. You definitely can use the stamp set for Christmas or an everyday card. I hope you get inspired to create!


Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment