Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Oh Deer! Watercoloring tips with Guest Designer Melinda

Hi there, Melinda here with you today. I’m so excited to get the opportunity to guest design for Inkon3, I absolutely love their products! If you'd like to follow my creations, my instagram is here


Since its still not too late to make a few Christmas cards I decided to do some no line watercolor with this cute stamp set, Oh Deer. After I finished watercoloring this cute deer I added a light blue wash using my Peacock Blue Atelier ink. I wanted to go for a vintage look so I chose some simple paper and a sentiment with a vintage font from my stash.

Beginner no line tips and tricks: 
  1. Before no line coloring stamp your image with Blackout ink and practice watercoloring or Copic coloring to get a feel for what your coloring. Bonus, your end up with another card!

  2. Start out with larger images like this as they are easier and less frustrating to color.

  3. Paint the shadows with your darker color first and use a clean brush to move the paint, and don’t be afraid to add another layer or two of color until you get the look you want.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment