Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Big Bold Magnolias - No Line Coloring

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today with Inkon3’s new release with the amazing stamp set named, Big Bold Magnolias along with the coordinating dies. If you didn't hop along with us during our blog hop, you definitely should check it out because there have been some fabulous projects using this set!

I previously had created two other cards using this set, but I just had to pull it out again to create another one. This time, I decided to take on some no-line coloring. Inkon3 has the fabulous Fadeout ink for no-line coloring. To start, I went ahead and stamped out all the images from the set, except for the largest magnolia. The last two projects, I had focused on the largest one so this time, I wanted to pay attention to the rest of the images from the set. 


Once I had stamped them out, I went in with some purple copic markers. For me, it's easiest to lay down the darkest color first so I know where all the shadows lay. I'll then work out to my lightest color. 

I tend to fussy cut a lot but for no-line coloring images, I prefer using the coordinating dies. It leaves that really nice white border so it really makes the images pop. 

For the background, I just did a few washes of purple watercolor. Nothing very fancy at all. I did keep the watercolor at the bottom left of the card where I have the flowers laid out. Before glueing my flowers down, I added some gold splatter. 

I wanted to tie in my gold splatter, so I decided to use the Juicy ink to cover a piece of white cardstock and added Gold Rush embossing powder. By doing this, I could use the standalone "Beautiful" sentiment from Heels to you die set. For the coordinating sentiment, I stamped the "You're" with Juicy ink and heat embossed with the Gold Rush embossing powder so everything matched up.

I hope you enjoyed this card I shared today and make sure to pick up your set too! This is so gorgeous and so fun to color! 


Thanks for stopping by! Come back again soon for some more inspiration and ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment