Monday, June 15, 2020

Making Your Own Patterned Paper with Erica

Hi guys!

It's Erica back on the Ink On 3 blog today. Sadly due to some unforeseen circumstances, cough cough (covid-19) I have not had the latest release yet. I was holding out and holding out as we sporadically get mail here in Spain still, but no luck.

Instead I've grabbed my beloved Magical Unicorn stamp set again BUT don't roll your eyes and groan "oh man, she ALWAYS use that one". I mean, I do, I love it. However, for these I have used some of the smaller images and made my own patterned paper with the help of the Atelier inks!



I do love a nice patterned paper but have a terrible habit of hoarding it instead of using it. It's madness, really. So, I decided to make my own so I can make as many as I want, whenever I want!

I lined up my Atelier inks in the order I wanted to use them: Bee Sting Yellow, Marigold Orange, Marilyn Red, My Jam Purple, Peacock Blue and Goddess Green. The photo below is from when I was swatching the inks.


On my first panel, I used two of the star stamps and just placed them close together on an acrylic block. Then I stamped from one corner to the opposite one, at an angle, one colour to the next. On the second panel I did them straight across.


I probably added a little bit too much yellow at the top of this one, which lead to not a lot of green at the opposite corner. But oh well, you live and learn.


For the second panel, I used only the clustered stars stamp and stamped horizontally. For more even colour, it would probably be smarter to do the middle line first and then work your way out. If you aren't bothered about that, just stamp away.


I love how these turned out. So fun!

To finish these off, I stamped up 'hugs' in Blackout Detail Ink, with the help of my MISTI. The 'hugs' is from the Bunny Hugs stamp set. When that was dry, I added these to white card bases. It was so tempting to add a little something else, but I wasn't sure exactly what so in the end I decided to keep them as they were. I know, shocker!


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have found some inspiration here today and will look at your stamps with new eyes and step outside the box with me.

Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment