Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Heat Embossing Surprise with Guest Designer Laura





Hi everyone! It's Laura Volpes here and today I am back with my second post as a Guest Designer for InkOn3 this month! I experimented some more with the Atelier Inks, and this time I wanted to try using them with heat embossing. The results were surprising - make sure to check out the video at the end of this post to see what happened!

For the background of my card I used the Leafy Forest Stencil. I started by blending some My Jam Purple ink through the stencil on some watercolor cardstock. I then heat embossed the leaves with clear embossing powder, so that I could go over the entire background with Peacock Blue ink without covering the leaves. I also added some shimmer with Liquid Pixie Dust.



For my focal point today I used the Forever Friends stamp set. I stamped the image with InkOn3 Blackout ink and I colored it with Karin Brush Markers Pro. Here is a list of the markers I used
  • Fox: Copper Brow, Warm Grey 1, Blush
  • Bunny: Warm Grey 3, Blush
Once I was done coloring, I cut out the image with my scissors.



I die cut a panel out of some white cardstock and I glued it to the background. I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder over some black cardstock and I finished off the card with some blue crystals.

Don't forget to check out my video for a step by step tutorial and to see what happened with my heat embossing experiment!


Thank you all for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment