Friday, June 26, 2020

Masculine Koi Pond Card

Hi Crafty Friends! It's Cheryl with the Creative Team here to show you how I made some cards for the important men in my life, the cards read "Happy Father's Day", but change up the sentiments and these cards can be used for any occasion!

I made the card in portrait and landscape orientation! Which one do you prefer?

First I created a 5.5"x 4.25" card base using white card stock. Then I used a rectangle die to cut out a panel that's slightly smaller than the card base. Next, I used distress oxide ink in Tumbled Glass and a blending tool to add a light blue background to the lower right hand corner of the card. Place the Wavy stencil over the light blue background and with a blending tool and Peacock Blue Atelier Ink, blend in the atelier ink concentrating on the lower right hand corner and lightly bring in the color towards the center of the card to create an ombre look.


From the Koi Pond stamp set, stamp out the Koi images of your choice using Blackout Hybrid Detail Ink, color with your choice of coloring medium and then fussy cut. For the Lily Pads, I first stamped the largest lily pad stamp using the Goddess Green Atelier Ink, then I used the Peacock Blue on the next layer, and Marigold Orange on the last layer. The Atelier Inks worked so well when layered! Fussy cut the lily pads.


Then I die cut some flags for the sentiments, for a perfectly coordinated sentiment flag, I die cut white card stock and applied Peacock Blue Atelier ink with a blending tool. I stamped the sentiments with embossing ink, used Arctic White Ultra Fine Embossing Powder and heat set.


Adhere the panel with the stenciled waves onto the card base. Then position the fussy cut images, and sentiment flags onto the card front as shown in the picture above. Trim off any excess of the sentiment flags that extends beyond the Koi. Adhere the fussy cut images and sentiment flags onto the card and there you have it!

Copic Colors Used: 
Reds: R29, R27, R24, R22
Oranges: YR27, YR68, YR14, YR12 

Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment