Wednesday, July 24, 2019

My Little Catfish - Smaller Image use by Guest Lynnea Hollendonner


Hi there! Jeannie here again, popping in to share another amazing card by Lynnea Hollendonner. Please check out her instagram or blog and say hello! 

Hey, everyone! I'm back with my second guest design post for InkOn3! I'm using the smaller images from the My Little Catfish stamp set to stamp up a background and create a cute shaker card!


I used my MISTI to line up both the large and small seahorses, the two shells, and the tiny little catfish. I stamped them repeatedly across my card using InkOn3 Blackout Hybrid Detail Ink. I colored them in with my dye inks and my Dove Blender pen by simply picking up color with my blender pen and coloring the images - starting with the areas of darkest color first and blending out to the lighter areas. I kept my colors "traditional" nautical and on the masculine side. I get requests for masculine cards all the time and honestly - they're my nemesis! Once all my images were colored I added some Liquid Pixie Dust to each image - it's difficult to see from behind the shaker, but in real life it's pretty awesome! I find it's easiest to use Liquid Pixie Dust when I add it to a Small Fine Tip Water Brush Pen and just brush it over my images. I build my sentiment from the My Little Catfish stamp set and stamped it below my colored images with InkOn3 Blackout Hybrid Detail Ink.



I created my shaker by die cutting a scalloped frame and ink blended some navy ink onto it to keep with my nautical theme. I added acetate, a bunch of gems and sequins, and two layers of foam tape and added it onto my card.

I am so honored to have guest designed for InkOn3 this month! They are amazing people and an amazing company with seriously fabulous products! I hope I've inspired you with these projects! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment