Saturday, July 6, 2019

DIY Dashboard Calendar with Cheryl


Hi Everyone! Jeannie, here, popping in to share a a DIY Dashboard Calendar with one of our newest designers for Inkon3. Cheryl is just an amazing planner, who uses them in planners and her creativity is just fabulous. Here's her first blog post for Inkon3 and if you want to see more from her, please go ahead, follow her on instagram for lots of inspiration.
____________________________

Hello Crafty Friends! It’s Cheryl here to show you how to make a fun and easy accessory for your planner! If you love cute critters and coffee then this would be a fabulous dashboard calendar for your planner!

First I used a rectangular die to cut out some alcohol marker friendly white cardstock. For my A6 ringed planner, I cut out a 4.5”x6” sheet of double sided patterned cardstock and punched it (but you can cut out the size that’s appropriate for your planner). Next, using the Inkon3 Blackout ink, I stamped the adorable little Raccoon holding a coffee mug from the “Raccoon Hugs” stamp set and die cut it using the coordinating dies.  


Next I colored in the Raccoon image using alcohol markers. I also added some latte art onto the Raccoon’s coffee using the round heart image from the “Raccoon Hugs” Stamp set, I stamped it using Juicy Clear Embossing & Watermark ink and Artic White embossing powder, and then heat set it. Then I used distress oxide inks to add a background color for the Raccoon white cardstock. I added the “Love you a Latte” sentiment to the top of the white cardstock. 


I stamped a calendar on the bottom of the white cardstock and added a few hearts (also from the Raccoon Hugs stamp set) as accents and colored those in to match the coffee mug.  I also added a little bit of washi tape for more decorations. Lastly, I glued the Raccoon onto the white cardstock over the colored background, and then adhered the white cardstock onto the patterned cardstock. 



I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy project that is a staple accessory in my planner! Have a wonderfully crafty day!

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I love how you created this dashboard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your dashboard, super cute!!! <3 ~ Fleurette

    ReplyDelete