Wednesday, July 10, 2019

No Line Coloring with Kassi


Hi everyone! Jeannie, here, popping in again to introduce you to another new member of Inkon3's design team, Kassi! She's an amazing no-line colorist and if you haven't been seeing her projects on her blog or instagram, you really should be! You'll be inspired by her coloring (at least I know I am!)

______________________________________


Hello InkOn3 friends! 


My name is Kassi, and I’m excited to be joining the Inkon3 design team!  


Paper: Strathmore Bristol Smooth; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps: InkOn3 Heels to You
Ink: InkOn3 FadeoutJuicy Clear EmbossingMemento Rich Cocoa
Coloring: Zig Clean Color Real Brush
Flower- 230, 028, 067, 062
Leaves- 043, 046
Dies: LDRS Creative Scalloped Rectangle Frame



  I absolutely love how this flower, and card turned out! It's so soft and elegant! 
But it didn't actually start out as a card...

This was originally just a warm up exercise... Not meant to be used for anything other than practice.

Doing ' warm up' exercises allow me to experiment and play with an image or technique without the normal pressure my perfectionism places on me. It gives me a chance to play with shadows and colors without worrying if I'm going to ruin the project.
I started by stamping the flower from Heels to You with Fadeout ink. 

 I then colored it using Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers...To get a very soft flower, I kept a light hand with the markers and used a lot of water to create washes. 

After the flower was colored, I loved it so much I had to turn it into a full card!  



To give the lettering a more vintage feel, I stamped the sentiment in brown ink, then over-stamped it with the Juicy Clear Embossing ink. I then covered it with Gold Rush embossing powder, and flicked the paper a lot more than usual to knock off some of the powder from the letters. I then heat set it.. the result is this pitted gold lettering!


To create the gold layer, I rubbed the InkOn3 Juicy Clear Embossing ink across the edge of that paper,  then heat embossed using Gold Rush powder. It's such a pretty shiny gold!

See you soon!


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, how stunning. Thanks for the great inspiration, this is just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete