Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Spotlight on InkOn3 Atelier Inks | Ink Blending - Guest Designer Laura

Hi everyone! It's Laura Volpes and today I am really excited to share my first post as a guest designer for InkOn3! I love both InkOn3 inks and their lovely designs, and for this month I decide to share different ways to use the fabulous Atelier Inks! 



Today we are starting from a classic technique: ink blending!

I used this technique to create both the card background and the stenciled focal point on my white panel. I used Peacock Blue on the card base and Bee Sting Yellow and Goddess Green for the flower. The stencil I used is the wonderful Flora stencil, by InkOn3.


I blended the inks with my domed ink blenders and a finger dauber for the smaller details in the stencil. The inks blend like butter and the thing that was really cool to see is how they build onto themselves: the more you layer them, the richer the color you get! Bee Sting Yellow almost turned to an orang-ey shade, as I was building layers in the center of the flowers!


Of course, I add to add some shimmer, and Liquid Pixie Dust is just the perfect medium for that! So. much. sparkle!

The images and the sentiment are both part of the InkOn3 Fox and Bunny Hugs stamp set. I stamped them with InkOn3 Blackout ink and colored them with Illustrator alcohol markers by Spectrum Noir.
Here is a list of the markers I used:
  • Fox: TN8, BO4, BO2, BO1. BG3, BG1. FS5, FS8, FS9
  • Bunny: BG7, BG5, BG3, BG1. FS5, FS8, FS9
I glued everything to the card base, raising the front panel on some foam tape, and I finished off the card with some light blue crystals.


Here is also a video for you, showing the InkOn3 Atelier inks in action as well as the whole card making process!

I will catch you guys next week with another post and video!

Have a nice day,

1 comment: