Sunday, August 2, 2020

Koi Pondie Watercolor Panel

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today with Ink on 3’s stamp set named Koi Pond along with the Pondie stencil. 



Using Fadeout ink, I stamped a ton of the koi fish from the Koi Pond stamp set on an A2 panel. I wanted to test out my hand at watercoloring over Fadeout ink for a soft look. The koi fish stamps have a ton of details so I thought it would be perfect for this technique.

I used the Marilyn Red, Marigold Orange, and Bee Sting Yellow re-inkers to watercolor the fish on the panel. For the water, I went in with Peacock Blue to fill up the space. It was really easy to watercolor the fish because by stamping with Fadeout ink, the little details on the fish absorbs the ink color you layer on top.



To complete this card, I used the Pondie stencil on dark blue cardstock with Juicy Ink. Juicy is an ink used for watermarking or heat embossing. In this case, I wanted to achieve the watermark effect. I trimmed this down to a .75 inch strip and 1.5 inch strip, placing them on the left and right of the watercolored panel so the fish would peek through.

Isn't that so fun? Pondie has a lot of details and I didn't want to distract from the watercolor panel so I thought it was so subtle and pretty.



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you get inspired to create. Come back again soon for more inspiration and ideas! Happy Crafting! 



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this card. Can't wait to use that stencil, it's fabulous!!! GORGEOUS creation!

    ReplyDelete