Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Rainbow Koi

Hi everyone! It’s Jeannie (InsideoutJeans) on the blog today sharing two cards using with Ink on 3’s stamp set named Koi Pond along with the Pondie and Wavy stencil. 




Using Fadeout ink, I stamped koi fish from the Koi Pond stamp set on watercolor paper. After trying out these technique in a previous card, I wanted to play a little more with unconventional colors that turned into rainbow colors.

I used the Marilyn RedMarigold OrangeBee Sting Yellow, Goddess GreenPeacock Blue, and My Jam Purple re-inkers to watercolor the fish on the panel using two colors for each fish. The koi fish stamps have a ton of details so I loved how Fadeout ink absorbs the colors I place on top of it.



For my first card, I used the Wavy stencil along with the Atelier inks to ink blend a rainbow panel. I used Marilyn Red, Marigold Orange, Bee Sting Yellow, Goddess Green, Peacock Blue, and My Jam Purple. I used three of the koi fish for this panel. I used the sentiment from Koi Pond using Blackout Ink on white cardstock and matted it on black cardstock.  




For my second card, I used the Pondie stencil along with My Jam PurpleMarilyn RedMarigold Orange, and Bee Sting Yellow to add stripes of these colors to match the two fish for this panel. I stamped the sentiments from Hey Gorgeous on a thicker black strip of cardstock using Juicy Ink and added Artic White embossing powder so I could heat emboss it.




If you're interested, you can watch my process over on Ink on 3's YouTube channel.


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you get inspired to create. Come back again soon for more inspiration and ideas! Happy Crafting! 

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, LOVE these cards. Your watercoloring is perfect......SERIOUSLY!!!

    ReplyDelete