Monday, September 7, 2020

Stamp Silhouettes with Guest Designer Judy

Hello, it's Judy here, and I am so honored to once again be guest designing here on Ink On 3. Today I have a fun technique for you, turning your stamp into a silhouette. Here's my card:


To begin, I made an interesting background by masking off a piece of card stock and sponging various inks using a piece of plastic so that I could get a defining edge. Here I used Ink On 3 Peacock Blue, Marilyn Red and My Jam Purple.


 Here is how it looks when completed.


Next I stamped the Koi fish from the Koi Pond stamp set onto my sponged background, using my MISTI.


Then I colored the fish in with my black Copic Marker. And voile, a silhouette.


For a final touch, I added some embellishments with black and white markers. Then I stamped the Hugs greeting with a stamp from the Fox and Bunny Hugs stamp set. I also attached a few gems from Trinity Stamps called Bubble Blower.


This is super fun. It encourages you to look at your stamps in a whole new way, I hope you will try it.



Until next time, here's celebrating your Creative Muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment