Saturday, April 24, 2021

Faux Watercolor Background with Atelier Inks

Hi! It's Lynnea! I have another easy way to add faux watercolor to your cards with Atelier Inks from InkOn3. It's more smooshing! But this time with an acrylic block! 









I am back at the ink smooshing! But this time I found a way to better control the ink by using an acrylic block! I started by heat embossing the large Triple Rose Stamp onto watercolor cardstock using my InkOn3 Juicy Watermark Emboss Ink and Arctic White Ultra Fine Embossing Powder. This will better allow me to see how much color I need to add to my panel. Plus the heat embossed portions sort of "trap" colors making the color darker in areas and lighter in others. 






I used three colors of Atelier Ink - Marilyn RedPeacock Blue, and My Jam Purple. I chose these colors purposely because no matter how they mix they won't make a brown color. I smooshed the colors onto my acrylic block and spritzed with water and pressed them onto a piece of watercolor cardstock holding the block in place until the color had a chance to "grip" the paper. I kept adding color until the whole background was full of GORGEOUS color! I added flicks of clean water as well as Shark Tooth White Atelier Ink for texture. 






I completed the card by adding a white die cut frame as well as a die cut sentiment. My stamped sentiment strip is from the Here for You Stamp Set. I've been using it for all of my sentiments lately! Thanks for joining me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment