Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Heels to You - Reverse Image

Hello, my name is Jeannie and I'm a shoe addict.

So it's only fitting that I'm up on Inkon3 blog to share a card I created using the gorgeous Heels to You stamp set. When I first saw this set, I knew I had to have it because it is so, so pretty! Heels are something that I, now, wear when I'm going to a special event or want to feel extra girly and pretty! This particular shoe is just that especially with that flower!


However, I needed a pair of shoes, not just one and I thought that using the reverse image of it would be perfect in doing so. This stamp image is a rather large one and so I had to make sure both shoes would fit on an A2 card panel. Not only that, I'd have to create the reverse image of it!

I stamped out the first heel using Blackout hybrid ink and used a mask to cover the shoe since it'll be in the front. Then I decided where I was going to place the second shoe. Admittedly, I did this twice because the first time, I stamped the second shoe and the second heel was completely hidden and it looked so odd! To help me, I just marked off in pencil on the card where I wanted it to be.


To create the reverse image, I took a piece of scrap acetate to help. Using my Misti, I inked up my image and carefully stamped the image onto that piece of acetate. Note! Don't press too hard because the acetate is slippery. This method won't produce the clearest image, however,  you can go in with an alcohol friendly pen to outline it. It's a little extra work but totally worth it. It doesn't have to be perfect since the stamp will be pretty faint and when it's not perfect, I just use darker colors to cover up any imperfections.

Once I had the image of both heels, I was ready to color. This turned out exactly how I imaged in my head so I was pretty excited.

For the sentiment, I colored up a piece of white cardstock with the same red alcohol markers I used for the flowers and die cut the word "beautiful" from the coordinating Heels to You die set. To give it a little more dimension, I glued two additional white die cut words to it. Once I placed it on the card, I stamped the "You're" in the same Blackout hybrid ink.


To finish off the card, I added a little distress ink around the edges of the card and some Unicorn Tears embellishments from Trinity Stamps around the empty areas. It really completed the card!

I hope you enjoyed today's card and are inspired to create!

→ TO SEE MORE ←

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this card!!! So beautiful and I love that you thought to create a pair by creating a reverse image, genius! <3 ~ Fleurette

    ReplyDelete