Friday, August 23, 2019

Raccoon Hugs - Clean and Simple Watercolor Card


Hi everyone, welcome back to the Ink On 3 blog!  It's Jaycee Gaspar, and today I wanted to share the creative process on this simple scene using the Ink On 3 - Raccoon Hugs Stamp and Die Set.  The goal for this project was to make something super quick and easy, and in my case I used a scrap watercolor panel from a previous project to make this card super simple.  Do you all have a scrap drawer full of small bits of paper?  I feel like if I don't try to use these smaller scraps, then I'm hoarding.  I don't want to admit I have a trash drawer.



This scrap blue ombré watercolor panel was made with Windsor and Newton Payne's Grey (my favorite color by the way).  I watercolored the cute little sleeping raccoon in a mix of black and sepia outlined with Ink On 3 - Blackout Detail Ink.  This ink is great because it's crisp like a pigment ink, but dries super fast like a dye ink and is waterproof--perfect for watercolor projects.  I used the coordinating Ink On 3 - Raccoon Hugs Die Set to cut out the image once dry.  Before assembling the card I used the small heart images in the same stamp set and created "vellum tape" to act like a decorative scotch tape to anchor the watercolor panel on to my ink splattered background.  I used Ink On 3 - Gold Rush Embossing Powder and Juicy Clear Embossing Ink to make this.  I love the script sentiments from the stamp set, but lately I've been OBSESSED with my embossed label maker.  So I thought it was fitting to make my own sentiment and add it to my project.  I added a bundle of black embroidery thread to the back of the raccoon image to break up and balance the hard angles all over the project.



Let me know in the comments below what you think of this very simple scene card.  If you like what you've seen from me, make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel and give me a follow over on Instagram!  Talk to you all very soon!


Materials:
Ink on 3 - Raccoon Hugs Stamp Set
Ink on 3 - Raccoon Hugs Die Set
Ink on 3 - Blackout Detail Ink
Ink on 3 - Gold Rush Embossing Powder
Ink on 3 - Juicy Clear Embossing Ink

Windsor & Newton Watercolors
Silver Black Velvet #8 Round Watercolor Brush
Neenah Solar White 80lb Cardstock



Jaycee Gaspar

YouTube | Instagram | Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment