Monday, May 4, 2020

Dance & Twirl with Guest Designer Judy

Hi Crafty Friends! Judy is back today to share another card as a guest designer and it's adorable! Check out the details below! 

_______

Hello, and welcome to another fun Ink On 3 blog post. I am honored once again to be a guest designer for this wonderful company. Today I have a cute and whimsical card that I hope will make you smile. I love that little mouse from the Dance and Twirl stamp set, and I thought it would be fun to have her dancing on a flower. So I pulled out the Water Lily stamp set and here's what I came up with.



I began by stamping the flower, leaves and the mouse on watercolor paper with Ink On 3 Blackout Detail Ink. I die cut the mouse image with the companion die from the Dance and Twirl set. A slit was cut in the center of the water lily with a craft knife so that I could insert the foot of the mouse to look like she was pirouetting in the middle of the flower.



Then I colored the images with Atelier Re-inkers. The colors used were Twiggy Brown, Marilyn Red, Bee Sting Yellow and Marigold Orange. Those inks are amazing. The colors are extremely rich, a little goes a long way.



Finally, it was time to put the card together. I thought it would be fun to do a shaped card, so I pulled out my hexagonal dies. After the card was put together I added some pearls and little punched butterflies. The greeting is from the Dogwood Flower stamp set. I LOVE this greeting and use it often - "you are FABULOUS"!!!!! And the perfect final touch was brushing some Liquid Pixie Dust on the mouse's tutu. I wish you could see the sparkle, the photo does not do it justice!



Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have gotten some inspiration from my card. Those Atelier Inks are THE BOMB for watercoloring, I highly recommend you trying them out.

Until next time, here's celebrating your Creative Muse!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how clever! She is adorable and I love how you have her dancing on that beautiful flower! What a great shaped card as well! This creation has it all! LOVE! Congrats on the gig too, how fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete