Tuesday, March 30, 2021

 Hi everyone! 



It's Erica back on the Ink On 3 blog today, and I have finally got my yummy new goodies! I had to use the gorgeous Triple Rose stamp set, right away. 


Ambitiously, I decided to go for a no-line colouring look. I know, nuts, right? Especially while feeling a bit rusty, but apparently there was no stopping me, so I stamped up the image with Fadeout Ink on watercolour paper. 


I had some new watercolours to swatch and try out, these are Meeden 48 colour half pan, and in all honestly, I thought I was buying a 48 colour empty pan tin. I was more than a little surprised when they showed up and actually had colours in them, lol! Happy surprise, though. 


Using these colours, I coloured in the lovely floral image. The pinks were used for two of the roses, and I used a purple-ish pink on the middle rose. Green was the obvious choice for the leaves and buds. 


I did spend quite a lot of time on this as I was feeling slow and rusty, and left it overnight to dry properly, before going back to add some more details and depth. While I did spend lots of time on this, I am not 100% happy with the results but I guess that means I need more practice. 

Usually I fill out the background a little with a darker colour to bring the eye in to the image, but this time I didn't. I left it white and clean, but I did use a stitched rectangle die to add some interest around the edges. The only thing I added was a slim banner with a sentiment from the Here For You, this was stamped up with Dove ink from Concord & 9th. Ok, so I did add a lot of iridescent sequins too, but that was it. 


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this card and will get the chance to watch the video as well. Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica 


2 comments: