Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Platy-rific Pondies featuring Guest Designer Rachel

Hi everyone! We have a special guest designer today... Rachel! Please head over to her instagram and give her a follow! She's created an amazing project today and will be back next week with a second project! Keep on reading to see how she created this amazing pop up box! 

---------

Hello crafty friends! It's Rachel here and I'm so excited to be guest designing today for Ink on 3! I created a 3D Box Card to share with you today featuring some cute critters from the Platy-rific Pondies Stamp Set. I absolutely love this stamp set! It's so versatile and full of so many cute images!


I first created the base of my card using a sheet of dark blue card stock, a scoring board, scissors, and some strong adhesive. I created my base so that when it lays flat, it fits perfectly into a standard A2 sized envelope. I used a rectangular die to cut a window in the front of my box and then glued a piece of clear acetate behind it prior to attaching the sides together.


I then stamped all of my images with some Copic friendly black ink onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock, colored them with Copic Sketch Markers and then used my Brother ScanNCut to cut them out.


I added some inner shelves to my box card to hold both the strips of grass, water background piece, and my critters. For my water background, I blended some Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Stormy Sky, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks onto another small piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock. Once blended, I then used a #4 paint brush to flick some water droplets onto the ink to create some more interest to this panel and to also look more like water. For my grass, I diecut each piece from white card stock using the Grassy Edges Die-namics from My Favorite Things and then blended each entire piece with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide Ink. I then blended it again over the tips of the grass with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.


Lastly, I added a background sky by blending some Ripe Persimmon, Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber, and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks. I stamped my sentiment onto the top right corner of this piece before I adhered it to the inside of my card.

I hope you enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic colouring on this fun pop up card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how stinkin' CUTE!!! So much work involved with this, you have done a fabulous job!! Thanks for the great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the underwater portion to the card. I haven't created a box card, but this sure makes me want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet! Gabinete de arquitectura Lisboa

    ReplyDelete