Saturday, October 3, 2020

No-Line Colouring with Erica

 Hi! 

Can you believe it’s already December?? At one point it felt like we were just threading water in March, which became Mapril, which then morphed into Mapriay (March + April + May) and now here we are in the final month of 2020. I’m torn over this year being over. It kind of feels like we deserve a do-over. Or am I the only one?? 

Today’s card is a simple ‘hugs’ card as I am totally starved for hugs from my family and friends. It’s been so long since it’s been normal to be able to just hug someone, so I’m sending some paper hugs instead of the real thing, until it’s safe again. 

I’ve used two stamp sets for this card, and with the help of a MISTI, I’ve stamped the flowers from the BeYOUtiful and Little Birdie sets along the edges of it. I used Fadeout Ink as I wanted to do some no-line water colouring with the Atelier re-inkers. I have a palette with reinkers mixed with Liquid Pixie Dust, to make shimmery water colours, and I grabbed this to colour the panel with. 

I did film a lot of the card making, but unfortunately due to the fact I can’t plug my phone in to charge any longer, there is something wrong with the charging port, the battery ran out mid-colouring. Of course I didn’t realise either, so I could have stopped, charged it up and then carried on. Oh no. No such luck for me. So the video is only covering the first half of the colouring, but it’s better than nothing, right? 

When the colouring was done, and it was all dry, I stamped up ‘hugs’ from the Racoon Hugs set with Blackout Detail ink. I used an old-fashioned glue stick on the card base and after adding the panel, I put the whole thing under my diecutting machine as a weight to make sure it dried flat. 

Well, that’s it from me, I hope you like the card and found some inspiration here with me today. Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica 

No comments:

Post a Comment