Saturday, November 27, 2021

Easy Masking with Dies

I love easy techniques and I have an easy masked background to share with you! I used Atelier Inks and some Reverse Confetti stamps and dies for this wintery card. 









I stamped a bunch of snowflakes all over my card with Blackout Hybrid Detail Ink and then used the coordinating die set to cut masks for each image from masking paper. 






I placed the masks over the stamped images and then pulled out some Atelier Inks to blend over my background. I started with My Jam Purple at the bottom, Trinity Teal in the middle, and Sweet Petunia Pink at the top. I added some spatters of shimmer watercolor and removed the masks. I love the look! The masks leave a sort of 'halo' around the stamped images that's so fun! 






I planned to make this a one layer card, but I forgot to stamp a sentiment when I was stamping the snowflakes, so I stamped one onto white cardstock, trimmed it out, and popped it up onto my card. 






Thanks so much for joining me! I'll see you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment