Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Simple Stenciled Floral Birthday Cards

Am I the only one who ALWAYS has a shortage of birthday cards? I can't be! No matter how many I make I always feel like I need more. So I made it my mission to make birthday cards whenever I can with all the amazing products that come across my desk! And guess what's on my desk today? Yummy inks and a gorgeous stencil from InkOn3!









I love the Flora Stencil! This cluster of flowers is so big you can use it as a focal point on a card ... so I did! I lined up the stencil so that it would be in the center of my card and blended on some Atelier Inks. The colors are so happy and vibrant! And the sentiment totally pops off the card!






I made yellow flowers for my first card. They're my favorite kind of flowers! I fully believe that every flower should be yellow haha! I didn't take the time to mask off the Flora Stencil before I started blending - but you could! I'm just way too lazy for that! First I blended Goddess Green Atelier Ink where the leaves are. I was careful not to blend onto the petals of the leaves. You can see the ink got onto the corners of the petals in some areas, but I'm not perfect! I added some Marilyn Red Atelier Ink to the center of the flowers and Bee Sting all over the petals. I got a little heavy handed with my Marilyn Red Atelier Ink, so I just blended it out with the Bee Sting. This turned the center color a pretty orangey/red! I love how you can blend and layer these Atelier Inks!






I created my second card the same way as I did the first. Almost. Instead of a portrait card I decided to do a landscape style. And I switched up my ink colors! For a fun twist I used Peacock Blue for the leaves, Bee Sting for the centers of the flowers, and My Jam Purple for the petals. I was careful not the blend My Jam Purple into the Bee Sting ink - but even in the areas where I overlapped a bit it didn't make a muddy brown color. Yay for Atelier Inks! Once each card was blended I used some Liquid Pixie Dust ( which I keep in a Small Watercolor Brush ) to add amazing shimmer to the flowers and leaves.






The Fox and Bunny Hugs stamp set has a bunch of sentiments. But what's awesome is that they are separate so you can build them to say what you need! I used Juicy Watermark Embossing Ink to stamp "happy birthday" onto black cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment with Arctic White Ultra Fine Embossing Powder. I trimmed the sentiments into strips and added them to the center of the Flora Stencil clusters with foam tape. And there you have it! Two quick, beautifully bright, stenciled birthday cards!

1 comment: