Thursday, December 17, 2020

No line Coloring with Guest Designer Melinda

Hello everyone, Melinda here with, sadly my last post as guest designer for Inkon3. I really enjoyed sharing some ideas with you all and hope you found some inspiration.

For my last project I wanted to use Lil Birdie, it’s such a fun versatile set. I was inspired by some stamp sets I’ve seen with floral garlands on balloons and other various shapes. I decided on a heart shape for my garland and I was off and running!

I started by stamping the large flower with Fadeout ink. I watercolored the flowers with a mix of Marilyn Red and Marigold Orange, mix until you get the desired shade of peachy pink. Next paint the leaves with a mix of Goddess Green and a touch of Twiggy Brown to make the leaves a more olive green. Fussy cut the floral after it’s completely dry. Now I decided on a heart, but you can use whatever shape speaks to you. When you cut your shape out, take the flower and place it where you want it and use it as a guide for where to stamp a few extra leaves and some berries. Stamp the leaves and berries with your Fadeout ink and watercolor the leaves with the same combination of green and brown Atelier inks. Use Marilyn Red for the berries and leave a white highlight ( you can add it later with a gel pen also). Paint the berry stems with Twiggy Brown. After the berries and leaves dry take your water brush and wet the heart and add a bit of Trinity Teal. Allow everything to dry and adhere the flower using some dimensional tape. I added some die cut leaves with a bit of my green mixture. I glued some gold leaf to them for a little shine, but again, use what you’ve got in your stash. I’m big on using what bits and bobs I have around so I took the floral embossed piece and off set it on my grey A2 sized card base. I used some of the small sentiments in the Kit to make another birthday card. We can’t have enough birthday cards, right?

Thanks again to Inkon3 for the amazing opportunity to create and share with you all! Be safe and be well! Much love, Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Such a Gorgeous card! You're no line watercolor is so pretty. It's true about the birthday cards you can never have enough of them. Hope you had a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete