Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Raccoon Hugs Valentine's Day Card

Hey, there! It's hard to believe that Valentine's Day is in just 6 weeks, isn't it!? Here's a simple card with traditional colors that's perfect for using up scraps of cardstock. And the cute little raccoon from InkOn3 is just the cutest! 








I always keep my scraps of cardstock ( and patterned paper ) to use on future projects - but I never actually get around to those "future projects"! This is one of my go to techniques for using up scraps. I cut four colors of cardstock into strips a quarter of an inch thick, but you could cut to any width you like - the technique works with just about anything! I covered a piece of A2 sized cardstock with my favorite liquid adhesive and adhered the strips in a diagonal pattern. 






Once my background was covered in pretty strips of pink cardstock I used a circle die to cut a hill for my critter to sit on. I cut down a piece of cardstock and then hung a large circle die off the bottom to create a perfectly even hill shape. I added the hill to the bottom of my card using fun foam for dimension. 






I stamped the adorable raccoon and balloon image from the InkOn3 Raccoon Hugs Stamp Set with Blackout Hybrid Detail Ink and colored him in with Copic markers. I used the coordinating Raccoon Hugs Die Set to cut out the image and added him to the hill with foam tape. I used Blackout Hybrid Detail Ink to stamp a sentiment from the Raccoon Hugs Stamp Set below my little critter. 






I wanted to finish the card with some glam so I added Liquid Pixie Dust to the raccoon and balloon as well as Glossy Accents to make the balloon shine. Thanks for joining me! I'll see you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment