Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Lil Birdie - No Line Watercoloring with Guest Designer Melinda

Hello everyone! I'm Melinda and I'm back guest designing for Ink on 3 with another watercolored card. I hope you all are settling into winter and getting some crafty time in. I have been really putting in the time myself trying to get those Christmas cards done.




I was really excited about getting to create with the set Lil Birdie because birds and florals are my two favorite things to paint. I started this card by taking all the little leaves, buds, berries and stamped them randomly on watercolor paper with Fadeout ink. I painted the background with my Karin markers and added some watery Peacock Blue here and there to make those florals really pop. I stamped the bird on a separate piece, I painted it with Trinity Teal and Paint It Black Atelier inks and the branch with Twiggy Brown. I cut the bird out with a circle die and cut a piece of vellum with a larger die. I put the vellum behind the bird and popped it up with dimensionals on to my back ground.


I was so happy with how this card came out! There was some bleeding of the inks, which I like, it gives it that loose floral look. I hope you’ll give this background stamping technique a try. It really is great for using small bits to make a big impact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment