Sunday, July 25, 2021

Making Cards and Mistakes with Erica

 Hi guys! 

It’s Erica back on the Ink On 3 blog with another card using the My Sweet Petunia stamp and layering stencil set. On this one I made a big mistake, and thought I’d share it with you so you can avoid it yourself. 

If you saw my last blog post, I used this set for those cards too, but on those I ink blended first and then heat embossed the outline stamp on top. For this card, I did not do that.. and it ended up a bit meh… not going to lie. Take it from me, if you want a white heat embossed outline, do that last. 

So I started out by heat embossing the gorgeous My Sweet Petunia stamp on white card stock. I’m not sure why I did it this way, I should know better by now, really. Anyway, I grabbed Sweet Petunia Pink, My Jam Purple and Peacock Blue Atelier Inks, some Life Changing Blender Brushes and the My Sweet Petunia layering stencils. 

Right off the bat, I realised what a mistake I had done as the inks are so pigmented and vibrant, they instantly discoloured the white embossed lines. I SHOULD know better by now! And yeah, I said it again, because I really don’t know what I was thinking here. 

Anyway, onward and upwards. I ink blended the My Jam Purple and Peacock Blue to create a deep, vivid look for the flowers and then went softly with Goddess Green for the stem and leaves layer. I tried cleaning up a little, but it’s very easy to smudge and leave marks on the project when doing this, so I did what I felt I could do safely without making too much of a mess. 

Around the flower I also ink blended more Goddess Green using the Leafy Forest Stencil, just to add some softness to the card, which is a true one-layer card if you can believe it! A quick Happy Birthday was stamped up with Blackout Ink and that was it. 

Super simple, and it can work for so many occasions. Just change up the colour scheme and sentiment, and you are good to go! Oh, and ink blend FIRST, and heat emboss when all the ink is dry. Maybe best to leave it overnight to make sure. Take it from me, don’t do it my way, because that did not work out very clean. Having said that, that’s only with white embossing powder, I guess? Maybe gold will be fine? Ok, I’m off to best that theory! See you next time! 

Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica 

No comments:

Post a Comment