Thursday, January 16, 2020

Quick But Bright You're Special card with Erica

Hi guys!

Erica back on the Inkon3 blog today with a quick but very bright card! I have used a new-to-me stamp set, Bunny Hugs, and I used the Atelier Inks to add colour.


To start with, I heat embossed the tree trunk in Gold Rush embossing powder. I used the Juicy pad to stamp it up before sprinkling the embossing powder very generously over the panel. This is water colour paper, Canson XL, that's been cut down to 4.25"x5.5".



After adding some colour to the actual tree trunk, with the help of the Twiggy Brown ink pad as I don't have the re-inker yet, I got the canopy part of the tree very wet and added colour to it by dabbing a paint brush filled with ink in it. Doing it this way, I feel, adds a bit of texture and you get that lovely natural spreading of the colour.

From left to right I have used Bee Sting Yellow, Marigold Orange, Marilyn Red, Peacock Blue and Goddess Green.



To make sure the canopy was dry, before I stamped up the leaves, I used my heat gun on the panel to set the colours. With the help of the MISTI, I then stamped the leaves with Blackout Ink until they were nice and solid. I also added a sentiment 'You're Special' from the Bunny Hugs set, under the tree.

I love a bit of heat embossing and a splash of colour for a quick card! What do you think?



If you are in the Phoenix area this weekend, Jan 18-20th, and are attending Creativation, make sure to stop by the Inkon3 and the Picket Fence Studios booths as I, and the rest of the teams, will be demoing the Atelier inks there! You will get to see these in action and try them out for yourself too!

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you found this inspiring and will give it a go yourself. Oh, I made a video too! It's over on my YouTube channel if you wanted to have a look.

Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica

PS If you do attend Creativation, make sure to some up and say hello!



No comments:

Post a Comment