Monday, March 16, 2020

Dogwood Flower No Line Colouring with Erica

Hey guys!

It’s Erica back on the InkOn3 blog. How are we all doing? Everyone staying safe and well with the Corona virus outbreak? I have been practically a hermit for the last couple of weeks due to a bad back, so I’ve been doing the social distance thing already. My hands are all chapped and dry from over-washing, but better safe than sorry.



Because I have had back issues I’ve not managed to do much crafting but I’ve tried to colour along with #thedailymarker30day challenge. One thing I have been practicing is my no-line colouring. Some has been more successful, than others but it’s all fun and educational. Sometimes your mistakes will teach you more than your successes so don’t be discouraged when it doesn't turn out they way you imagined it.

Here is an example: I started this no line colouring wreath on the left and wasn’t overly happy with how it was turning out. My attempts on the right side of the wreath look so much better!


For the card I have made today, I have used the Dogwood Flower stamp and the Fadeout Ink. I’ve coloured it, and the wreath above, with Daniel Smith water colours. 

I stamped the image with the Fadeout Ink three times to make the lines very visible, with the help of my Mini MISTI. The colouring is done both with a water colour brush and a refillable brush. 



This one isn’t one of my better results, but the next one is bound to be better. The leaves I’m quite pleased with though! 

To add some interest I added some splatters to the background. I mixed two drops of Liquid Pixie Dust with a drop of Paint It Black reinker in a little tray, and went to town. To protect the image I covered it up with a little piece of paper. Usually I cut out a mask but this worked in a pinch. 


Sentiment wise I kept it simple, ‘my favorite besties’ and stamped that in Blackout ink. I managed to smudge the splatters a little, so to cover it up, I added some more. As you do.


The whole thing was then adhered to a light gray card base. A white one was too harsh, and it need a little something softer and the light gray was just perfect. Oh and to fix the sentiment, I covered up the s on ‘Besties’ to make it say ‘My Forever Bestie’. 


With that, I’m done for today. Thanks for stopping by today and spending time with me.
Lots of love, wash your hands for your health and craft for your sanity! 

Erica 






2 comments:

  1. Your florals are so pretty! We tend to be our harshest critics, but practice will always bring improvement. Hope your back improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brave to do the no-line technique. It seems daunting to me. Your card is lovely, thanks for the inspiration. I think I will try it. Oh, and the splatters are the perfect final touch.

    ReplyDelete