Monday, July 6, 2020

Stencil Watercoloring - Guest Designer Judy

Hello, it's Judy here, and I'm so happy and honored to be guest designing for Ink On 3 today. I have a fun technique for you. It's watercoloring on a stencil. Here is my card.


I began by stenciling the image from the Floral Stencil with Ink On 3 Fadeout No-Line Coloring Ink. Then I watercolored over the image.



I used Ink On 3 Atelier Inks in My Jam Purple, Peacock Blue, Goddess Green, Bee Sting Yellow, Twiggy Brown and Marilyn Red. These inks lend themselves beautifully to watercoloring. The blending and reaction with water is amazing.


Next I used the Leafy Forest Stencil on some watercolor paper to create an accent for my card. I used the Atelier Inks in My Jam Purple and Peacock Blue. Then I cut the Floral Stencil image on an angle  and inserted the Leafy Forest Stencil strip between the 2 halves. The greeting is from the Dogwood Flower Stamp Set.



This is a super fun technique I hope you will try it. You can use almost any stencil, depending on whether you want a focal image or an over all background.

Until next time, here's celebrating your Creative Muse!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for Guest Designing with us Judy! <3 Your project is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I love your step by step tutorial, can't wait to try this!!! ~ (((hugs))) Fleurette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercoloring Judy! Love the card design :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your project, Judy!

    ReplyDelete