Saturday, July 4, 2020

Hey Gorgeous!

Hey gorgeous!

It's Erica back on the Ink On 3 blog today with a one-layer card. Which is not my forte at all, but it's good to stretch your creative muscles and step outside of your comfort zone. Ok, not all the time, but sometimes for sure. 


The stamp I have used for this card is a new-to-me, Hey Gorgeous. I stamped it up on Copic friendly card stock with Blackout Detail ink and then coloured it in with various Copic markers. My intent was to give the girl a nice tan, but the poor thing ended up looking like she's been cooking on a tanning bed far too long! 


Her hair I did a bit like mine, it's sort of a brown to light brown to some highlights and then a big blue hat on top. I do happen to have a big blue hat too... Did I just put myself on a card? Eh, it happens, right? While I had the Hey Gorgeous stamp out, I also stamped it up on masking paper. After fussy cutting this out, I placed it on top of the coloured image.


I have used a stencil for the background, and this I sprayed liberally with Pixie Spray first. To create a colourful backdrop to the card I ink blended Bee Sting Yellow, Goddess Green and Peacock Blue all over it. By going lightly over some of the yellow with the green, it created a lime green which was lovely. I did the same with the green going into the blue, but heavier, and the result was a teal colour. I used a different Life Changing Blender Brush for each colour so the going back and forth was easy peasy. 


When the ink blending was done, I simply stamped up the 'Gorgeous' from the Hey Gorgeous stamp with Blackout Detail Ink and the card was finished!


Well... unless I go back and add some sequins that is. You never know, with this sequin-oholic. 

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you like the card and found some inspiration here today! 

Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment