Tuesday, July 14, 2020

No Coloring with Vibrant Stenciled Backgrounds

Have you heard my top secret-est secret of all time? I don't enjoy coloring! Gasp! I know I know! But it stresses me out! Good news for me - leaving an image completely uncolored seems to be all the rage right now! So you know I hopped on that train using the gorgeous large floral from the BeYOUtiful Stamp Set from InkOn3!









I quickly made a set of 4 cards using the Leafy Forest Stencil, the BeYOUtiful Stamp Set, and a rainbow of Atelier Inks! And of course some Liquid Pixie Dust!






I always try to bring interest to my cards in one way or another. Since I'm not doing any fancy coloring on this card I decided to use my vibrant Atelier Inks to make pretty backgrounds!









I made four backgrounds with the rainbow of Atelier Inks and I kept the inks darkest at the bottom and lighter towards the top for each background. I temporarily held the Leafy Forest Stencil in place on a piece of white cardstock and blended my inks with a blender brush. I mixed together colors next to each other in the rainbow to get pretty blends - Peacock Blue with My Jam Purple and Marilyn Red, Marigold Orange, and Bee Sting Yellow. Then I made two backgrounds with just a single color of Atelier Ink - Paint it Black for one and Goddess Green for the other.






Now let's add something on top of the pretty backgrounds! I used Blackout Hybrid Detail Ink to stamp the large flower and a few leaves from the BeYOUtiful Stamp Set and then trimmed them out with scissors. I added them with foam tape because every card needs a little pop, right?! I used Blackout Hybrid Detail Ink and stamped a couple of different buildable sentiments onto the cards.






It's so hard see in the photos ( so definitely watch the video! ), but I jazzed up the flowers and leaves with some Liquid Pixie Dust! I keep mine in a Small Fine Detail Waterbrush so I can easily brush some glitter on my images! I hope you enjoyed this pop of white! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment