Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Thinking Of You, BeYOUtiful!

  Hi and Happy 2021! 

It’s Erica back on the Ink On 3 blog, for the first time in 2021. It’s been a bit of a rough start to the year to be honest, so I decided to make a ‘thinking of you’ card, as I figured I am not the only one who’s feeling like 2021 is saying ‘hold my beer’.

First off I did some ink blending with the goooooorgeou Atelier inks in Bee Sting Yellow, Marigold Orange, Sweet Petunia Pink and Marilyn Red using Life Changing Blender Brushes on Bristol Smooth paper. This combo has become quite a fave of mine for a variety of reasons, the main one being that it’s absolutely beautiful. I love it! 


These panels are actually one big piece that I cut up after ink blending over the whole thing. I love ink blending, and it’s always good to have some background panels done for when you need to make a card quickly! 


On the slightly smaller panel, I stamped up the big flower from the BeYOUtiful set with Blackout Detail ink and then Embossing ink. On top of these I sprinkled Clear Gloss embossing powder and set that with the heat gun. I did use a MISTI for the stamping to make sure the flower images were really solid. 

This panel I then layered up with the other one, but in different colour order. The reason I did this was to create some contrast and interest. 


To finish off this card I ended up using a diecut from Hero Arts that says Thinking Of You. I cut it out of white card stock three times, and then a fourth time in black card stock, and I layered these up to give the card some dimension. On top of this I heat embossed it with clear gloss embossing powder to give it a puffy sticker look. 


This word die I then glued down on the card with liquid glue and with that, the card was done. I contemplated adding some black gem stones or sequins, but if you can believe it, I decided against it. *GASP* I know.. 


That’s it from me for today! I hope you were inspired by this post, and will try this design for yourself. 


Lot of love and happy crafting from Erica













No comments:

Post a Comment